Are you looking for a solution on how to register your mobile phone? Search no more because with Nazish Khan you will be given all the details you need to know. Why is it important to register your phone with PTA? If you don’t know then keep along to find all about it.
In the year 2018 it has been announced by the Pakistani government that all the phones that are not registered under the government of Pakistan authority will be blocked. you might remember receiving messages from 8484 for the verification of your mobile devices. You were warned to register your devices before 20th Oct 2018.
In 2018, PTA launched DIRBS. DIRBS stands for Device Registration, Identification, and Blocking System. The reason for launching DIRBS is to stop people from using illegal phone devices. So many Mobile phones were imported into Pakistan and were used without PTA.
Now DIRBS verifies, tracks, detects, and discourages the use of these illegal/non-registered devices smuggled into Pakistan through different ways. This has lessened the rate of device smuggling in Pakistan.
Importance Of PTA Registration
Nevertheless, the actual importance came when the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) declared that by 15th January 2019, all mobile phones that aren’t registered under PTA will be blocked. People that registered with PTA were using their phone without any problems whereas those who didn’t take this notice seriously had blocked their cell phone.
As a result, on 16th January, people rushed in to register with (PTA)Pakistan Telecommunication Authority because they started blocking every unregistered phone. The importance is that if your phone isn’t registered with PTA, you will have to face problems making/receiving calls or text messages until you’re registered with PTA.
How To Register Your Mobile Phone With PTA?
Before registering your mobile phone with PTA, you need to know some important information. It will show the status of your phone whether it’s PTA proved or not. Everything you need to know about registering your mobile phone with PTA is detailed below. Follow for more information.
Firstly, if you are a foreigner from another country. You can use your cell phone for the first 120 days without any tax/duties in Pakistan. It is the latest March 2022 PTA update but before it was eligible for only 60 days. Yet if you intend to use it for over 120 days then you’ll have to register your phone with PTA.
Secondly, the SIM/IMEI-based devices, all are compulsory to register with PTA for example
- Mobile Phones and others
How to Register your mobile phone with PTA?
There are four methods to get your cell phone registered with PTA. Do you know about your phone’s IMEI? It is very essential to know about your phone’s IMEI for registration.
What Is IMEI Number?
The unique code of your mobile phone is called IMEI number just like a vehicle identification number. If this is blocked then you can’t use your phone to access any mobile network while in Pakistan. You can’t receive or make calls to anyone.
How To Check Your Phone’s IMEI Number?
Follow the steps to check your mobile IMEI number.
- Dial *#06# from your cell phone and receive your IMEI number through a pop-up message.
- Visit your phone Settings
- Scroll down to the About Phone section of your smartphone.
- You IMEI number is also written with about information of your phone
- Check the printed Information on your mobile box. The IMEI number is also listed on the box of your phone.
- Remove the back cover of your phone and battery and find IMEI number. Remember this is only possible if your phone’s battery is removable.
How To Check Your Mobile Phone PTA Registration?
The IMEI number is very important to check whether your mobile is registered with PTA. All the four different methods to check IMEI numbers are mentioned above. The next step is to check your PTA Registration.
- Start by sending your mobile IMEI number to 8484.
- A few moments later you’ll receive a message back asking if your mobile has been verified with PTA.
Three possible outcomes you can receive from 8484 services of Pakistan.
Firstly it could say that your mobile phone IMEI is Compliant. Which means it is registered with Pakistan Telecommunication Authority. It means you are eligible to use any network of Pakistan to communicate.
If you receive a message declaring IMEI is Non-Compliant. This results that you’re not registered with PTA. If you are a foreigner then you can use your mobile for 120 days according to the new update. After that, you have to get your mobile register with PTA to use it for making and receiving calls and text messages.
On receiving IMEI is Blocked means it is blocked by PTA. Due to the IMEI being complained about as stolen, smuggled or not taxed. In this case, you have to pay taxes to register your mobile phone with PTA.
How To Register Your Mobile Phone With PTA Through USSD
The first method is to register your mobile phone with PTA through USSD.
- Go to Mobile dial pad
- Dial *8484#
- Select Language
- Click on 1 for English or 2 for Urdu
- you’ll see various options after selecting your desired language.
- Choose option 1 for Registration
- Choose the option Pakistani or Foreigner.
- Select option 1 if you’re Pakistani
- Select 2 if you’re a Foreigner
For this you are asked if the Device is local/foreign.
- Click 1 if foreign
- Click 2 for local
- Next enter your CNIC
- If you don’t have a CNIC then enter your Passport number
- Give your SIM number your are using
- Write your device IMEI number
- If you have double sim slots then write IMEI numbers for both to complete the registration process
- With agreement of terms and conditions of PTA, you are now successfully registered.
PTA Prove Your Phone With DIRBS
DIRBS was Launched Pakistan Telecommunication Authority in 2018. It was announced to ensure the illegality of these devices are taxed when they are imported into Pakistan. How to register using this method is detailed below
- Open browser and visit official website of DIRBS: https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- Login or Sign up to an account.
- After logging in, fill in the information to create an account on DIRBS.
- Select your type to proceed
- Foreigner/ local select an option
- After that you’ll need to enter information like an Email address, Passport/CNIC number,complete Home Address plus your phone number.
- After entering the above Information you’ll receive an email with a link
- Click open your emails and verify your registration process.
- After that Login to your account
- you’ll see a declaration window on your left side
- An option to create a single COC.
- Click to create
- Now enter the IMEI number with contact information
- A few moments later you will receive a message from PTA. Showing if you need to Register with PTA or not.
- If you are not registered then register your phone as soon as possible.
Registering Your Mobile Through App
This is the third way of registering your phone with PTA. Remember the application only works for Android smartphones.
How To Download The DRBS Application?
- Download the PTA app from Play Store
- You use the following link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pk.gov.dirbs.dvspublic
- Install the Application on your smartphone.
- Open the installed app
- Follow the simple instructions and enter IMEI of your phone
- Register your phone with PTA
How To PTA Prove Your Phone Through Franchise?
This is the final. If your IMEI is not valid with any of the above registering methods. You can visit your nearest franchise to PTA Prove your cell phone. It has recently been introduced to registering mobile phones. you visit any Customer Service Centre or Franchise like Jazz, Telenor, Ufone, and Zong.
If the IMEI number is Non-compliant, invalid or Blocked, you can visit any franchise to register your mobile with PTA and find out the reason for your invalid or blocked IMEI.
All the information on registering your mobile phone with PTA is mentioned above. if you are still confused whether you want to register your phone with PTA or regarding any complaints or information about your device or IMEI number or registration processes.
You can contact the PTA helpline services by calling the PTA Helpline: 0800-55055. From Monday to Thursday (9am to 3pm) and on Fridays (9am to 1pm or 2pm to 3pm).